Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Call Me Domesti-Kate

Thanks to the crappy state of the economy, I am on furlough for the next two weeks. When I told my husband, the first thing he said was, "Great, now the house will be clean and there will be lots of really great food for dinner."

This may sound very chovenistic, but normally my husband totally wears the apron in our relationship. I'm not very good at noticing dirt. So when we are both working, my husband does more than 50% of the domestic work.

To my own credit, I did load the dishwasher and do two loads of laundry yesterday. But I also went to the library and got 14 books about Ancient Peobloans. At the end of this furlough, I doubt our house will be any cleaner than it was last week. But hopefully I will have made a big dent in my research for this book I'm trying to write.

2 comments:

Tina Laurel Lee said...

What a positive spin on it! I stay home with kids and what not. And for that privilege I do most the chores. But just enough so that they are done. Because the rest I spend on this stuff. Writing, researching and blogging. Good job on the laundry. I have a huge pile I need to fold. But it can wait.

Meriwether Falk said...

Cool! You can get lots of writing done!